Remembrance Sunday, 11th November 2018
The Morning worship, with an act of remembrance, will be at 10.45am. The church's uniformed organisations will attend. The retiring offering will be for Poppy Scotland and Erskine Hospital.
At approximately 12noon there will be a short act of remembrance at the war memorial. Refreshments will be available in St. Thomas' Hall.
At 6.45pm, in the Church Halls, there will be a programme: "A Hundred Years of Remembrance" with popular wartime songs and refreshments
LIFE AND WORK
· How Scotland will mark the centenary of the armistice
· Reappraising Earl Haig
· The son of the manse who was gassed, and woke up in the mortuary
· A timely art installation
· Remembrance prayer
· The Big Question: How was your family affected by the First World War?
· Moderator: the story of a communion set used at the Battle of the Somme
· How churches are refurbishing their War Memorials
‘Padre, can I have a word…’
Interview with the Chaplain General, a Church of Scotland minister
Out of Sight
A prison chaplain highlights Prisoners Week 2018
‘One Journey, Many Roads’
The Guild’s Annual Gathering
A Little Imagination
How two presbyteries are working together to provide lay Church of Scotland celebrants for funerals and weddings.
Where Simplicity and Greatness Meet
The Very Rev Dr James Simpson urges Gospel communicators to keep up simple
Plus all the regular columnists, news, reviews, letters, registers and crosswords
Online visit us at www.lifeandwork.org for regular news and exclusive features, find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @cofslifeandwork
Subscribe online from £12, or download a digital copy for £1.99; or speak to your church’s Life and Work coordinator.